Recent Nick episode rant!
I just watched it last night, because I actually forgot the date ugh. Truth be told, I only kept watching till the part where Mikey (poor baby) got resurrected through electric currents and left-over pizza... but hey! He's got some zappy powers and that's sooo cool xD I don't know if he gets to keep it indefinitely since like I said, I didn't bother to watch through the end. It was super cringy since the beginning anyway.
THINGS I NOTICED THAT REALLY DISTURBED ME:
1. First 10 mins. of the ep included some very UNSUBTLE shipping and I totally agreed with Raph's sentiments on the matter ("Who needs love? Not this guy"). We see Donnie and April flirting and playing with a tub of popcorn (with no Casey in sight. Weird) Then, Karai bluntly tells Leo she likes him while trying to hack him to pieces (juuust kidding). And HOLY GUACAMOLE! When did you get a thingymajig from the future, Mikey? We see him holoskyping with Renet... Raph's the only one who has an official romantic relationship but his girlfriend's offworld; they bond over cosmic wars and kissed twice but doesn't know a thing about each other than their names (which Raph can't even pronounce. Cracks me up xD) and probably their home planets.
2. Mikey keeps getting injured and is disintegrated but nobody really seems to care, except Raph that is. Like, seriously, your baby bro gets 'killed' right in front of you and nobody twitches an eyelid. Like wtf. When Master Splinter died, everyone was pretty much wrecked. But hey, that was their Sensei and father, it's not like Mikey was THAT important. Donnie's "death" had some major feels when his molecules got scattered and everyone wanted to kill April but that was a whole season ago, right?
3. The first part was 22 mins long and still no Casey in sight. Like, what was he doing, taking a nap while the earth was being invaded by a giant bug?
4. Leo and Donnie gets taken and both Karai and April shows some, personally surprising, reactions to it. I didn't know they cared that much
I smell some very forceful shipping right there, folks. It didn't seem natural in my opinion.
5. The action was kind of all over the place, the turtles coordination was weak, I am so sick of Dregg's face already and alien invasions are a little too redundant for my taste.
Overall, it was disappointing. I was looking forward to the recent episode and even though it was more than 40 mins long, the wind was blewn out of my sails after I started watching it. I hope they NEVER repeat this kind of storyline on further episodes. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Since, I didn't finish When Worlds Collide, my opinions might be too prejudiced so please put that into consideration